Your consulting forester is a resource for all things related to a timber harvest. Be prepared for your meeting by gathering a list of questions.
Questions for your initial consultation...
- When and how will I be paid for my timber harvest?
- When will my trees be harvested?
- How does the bidding process work?
- Will I be required to pay taxes on my timber value?
- Are there any programs that provide tax incentives for a forest landowner?
- How will a forest harvest better influence my landowner objectives?
- What will my land look like after it is harvested?
- How will the forester manage the harvest and the logging crew?
- Can you show me other harvests you have managed?
- How will the harvest impacting my hunting season?
- What if I am unsure of my property lines?
- How many trees do I need to create a viable harvest?